banner report a fault mobile

Domestic Customers

Report a fault

If you are facing an emergency such as:

  • An uncontrollable leak from the HIU or from the District Heating supply (exclusions: radiators, mains cold water, taps, showers, toilets, washing machines).
  • Loss of heating in winter (or during a period of extreme cold weather) where a young infant, elderly or vulnerable person is in the property
  • Where you may be at risk of electric shock
  • A power cut

Call us immediately on 0345 601 5515. Our emergency lines are open 24/7.

We always prioritise emergency maintenance requests and our ThamesWey customer service team will ensure that emergency maintenance issues are dealt with before any other non-emergency issues that we may be working on.

Many common issues can be solved by following our troubleshooting advice in the Help & Support pages ( the most common are listed below). If the issue persists and is non-urgent, then contact us using the form below.

For emergencies

Call us immediately on 0345 601 5515

Our emergency lines are open 24/7

Notify us of an issue / request a maintenance visit

Resolving common issues

Sometimes a simple fix is all that’s needed and often you can do it quickly yourself.

Some common issues are listed here, or look in our Help & Support section.

There’s no hot water or heating in my property.

If you are experiencing an issue with the hot water or heating in your property, the following checks should be made before you contact us. Please check:

• That your HIU electrical supply is switched on at the wall (in the utility cupboard there is an on/off switch on the wall next to your HIU)
• That you are receiving electricity to the property and that your consumer unit circuit breaker for the HIU supply is switched on.
• That your programmer/timer or programmable thermostat is working (if the display is blank it may be necessary to replace the batteries installed in the device).
• The TRVs are open to at least setting 1 or the * symbol
• That you have a supply of cold water (should you not have a cold-water supply then you will also not receive hot water. ThamesWey do not supply the cold water to your property, you will need to contact the building landlord or managing agent).

As with any system, you may occasionally experience a problem, or you may notice that your system is not operating as you believe it should. Do not worry, ThamesWey customer services are on hand to help you with any issues you may have, and where necessary, can arrange for an engineer to visit your home.

Please note that if ThamesWey find evidence that the HIU has been tampered with or damaged by you or someone acting on your behalf, you may be liable to pay costs associated with repairing the HIU.

Should you still experience issues after checking the above, please contact ThamesWey customer services on 0345 601 5515.

How to change the timings for my heating?

Your home is equipped with the controls you should need to use your heating system and hot water supply. To ensure you are using your heating and hot water system efficiently (and not using more energy than you need) you should be aware of the controls you have, how they work and how best to use them to suit your needs.

Your property will be equipped with either;

• Central Heating programmable room thermostat, thermostatic radiator valves (installed on each radiator), or
• Central Heating programmer/timer, thermostatic radiator valves (installed on each radiator)
You should use your thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs) to control the temperature of each radiator. Areas of your property which are not occupied frequently should be set lower than those which are occupied more frequently to ensure that you are not over heating a room not in use.

TRVs will have a simple temperature scale, typically based on numbers ranging from 0 to 6. If set to 0, the radiator will be isolated from the heating system. In the event all the radiators are set to the 0 setting and the heating system is switched on, this may have an impact on the supply of hot water to your property.

Therefore, we recommend that in rooms you do not wish to heat, the TRV is set to either 1 or the * symbol to allow a small flow when the heating system is on.

Your programmer/timer or programmable room thermostat will be a small box mounted on a wall with a digital display and push button controls. A user manual will be provided to each property at the time of installation. Should you not have a user manual, you can download the thermostat guides here.

The programmer/timer works in much the same way as those for a conventional gas boiler heating and hot water system. You will be required to set the time and date on the programmer before you start using it. The default settings are set to standard ‘on’ and ‘off’ times.

You should set your central heating ‘on’ and ‘off’ times to suit your lifestyle to avoid heating your property when you do not need to.

One of my radiators isn’t working.

If you are experiencing an issue with just one of your radiators but others are working, please check that the TRV is open to at least setting 1 or the * symbol on the affected radiator.

If this does not resolve the issue then you will need to contact a qualified plumber or heating engineer to look into the matter.

ThamesWey are responsible for providing the heat energy to your property including the Heat Interface Unit (HIU), as heat is reaching some of your radiators the issue will be localised to the radiator within your property. This is not something that ThamesWey would cover.

Where to find a guide to my thermostat?

My Heat Unit Interface (HUI) or meter is damaged.

In the first instance, please call us on 0345 601 5515 and advise us of what has occurred. If damage has been caused by customer misuse or accidental damage, or if the products are outside of their warranty periods, you may be liable for the cost of replacement. We will send you a quotation that shows the complete cost and we assure customers that the cost of the HIU unit will be sold to you at cost price. The quotation will also include the labour required for the engineering works and additional materials necessary. Further information can be found in your Standard Terms and Conditions.